Post(s) tagged with "photography"
I’ve spent most of the summer filming airplanes and bands… So basically I’m in heaven. It was rad seeing all my dear friends on Warped Tour, and then vacationing for a 5th year at EAA’s Airventure in Oshkosh, WI. Hope you enjoy!
1. Flying to Oshkosh with my dad in the de Havilland Chipmunk. 7/25/14 - Chicago, IL.
2. I will never get tired of seeing my buddies in Saves The Day kill it. 7/30/14 - Warped Tour, Milwaukee, WI.
3. Thanks for the hookup, Breathe Carolina! 7/30/14 - Warped Tour, Milwaukee, WI.
4. Spending time with my beautiful niece, Kayla. 7/13/14 - Valparaiso, IN.
5. Shooting ghosts with my dude, Prozak. 5/2/14 - Saginaw, MI.
6. My niece, Kayla, in the T-34. 7/13/14 - Valparaiso, IN.
7. My other niece, Lily, in the de Havilland Chipmunk. 7/13/14 - Valparaiso, IN.
8. Backstage acoustic hangs with one of my all-time favorite people, Josh Withenshaw. 7/30/14 - Warped Tour, Milwaukee, WI.
9. Filming a Kickstarter video with the 6’10 dudes. 5/24/14 - Chicago, IL.
10. J-3 Cub on floats at the Airventure seaplane base. 7/31/14 - Oshkosh, WI.
Last week I headed to Chicago to hang with my buddy, Jimmie Deeghan, on the Bedroom to Stage Tour. As always, it was great catching up and capturing some songs. I ended up getting to know the Sparks The Rescue guys, and filmed a live session with them as well. If you get a chance, head out and support the tour!! They are killer musicians and even better dudes.
Happy New Years! I’m back, (alive) from the Every Avenue Last Call Tour. In all truth, this may have been my favorite tour I’ve ever been a part of. There are only a few times in life when friendships feel more like family, and this was the case with the EA guys. I really love those dudes, and I feel very honored to help send them off right. I can’t wait to show everyone the footage. In the meantime, here is my tour photo blog, part one. I’ll release part two next week. If you follow me on Twitter or Instagram (@bryanbuchelt), this will be a repeat. Sorry bout that.
Also coming next week is the second song from the Rebel N’ Rose Snaproll Session. I think everyone will be really stoked on it. Have a great week!
Here is another long overdue hodgepodge post to catch everyone up on my recent adventures. While I’ve not done much filming in the last two months, (which has been a welcome break) I have able to spend a lot of time with old friends, and listen to a lot of killer music. That’s not to say there isn’t a lot on the calender. Expect some new project announcements very soon!
1. Carah Faye & Chad Petree of Shiny Toy Guns @ Subterranean. Chicago, IL
2. Tobin & Kyle Bawinkle of Flatfoot 56 @ The Riv. Chicago, IL
3. MxPx All-Stars interview @ Fearless Radio. Chicago, IL
4. Mike Herrera of MxPx in the green room @ Bottom Lounge. Chicago, IL
5. The Riv marquee. Chicago, IL
6. Five-time Grammy winner, Victor Wooten’s bass outfitted with my GoPro camera. This footage turned out INSANE!! (Footage coming soon!!) Bloomington, IN
7. The Victor Wooten Band @ The Bluebird Nightclub. Bloomington, IN
8. Five Iron Frenzy @ The Riv. Chicago, IL
9. Sum 41 @ House of Blues. Chicago, IL
Ok, so this is my long overdue hodgepodge post. The last two months have been a complete blur. Here are just a few photographs from my adventures. I don’t normally caption pictures, but in this case I really need to.
1. Flying by Chicago, on our way to EAA’s Airventure in Oshkosh, WI.
2. The Flatfoot 56 dudes at their album release show in Chicago.
3. Shiny Toy Guns killing it at an outdoor show in Chicago.
4. I Am The Avalanche getting the crowd pumped in Philadelphia.
5. Our new friends at GoPro outfitted our plane with cameras for the airshow in Oshkosh, WI. (Footage coming in the next post.)
6. My dad with our plane after flying in the warbird airshow at Oshkosh. (de Havilland Chipmunk with a beautiful Boeing Stearman in the background.)
7. My dad and I in an aerial photo shoot for Warbird Digest magazine.
8. 5-time Grammy winning bassist, Victor Wooten, sound checking with his band in Ann Arbor, MI.
9. Hanging with tattoo legend, Oliver Peck, in NYC.
10. Da Bears preseason opener against the Broncos at Solider Field.
There are certain milestones, or “bucket-list” items, that you don’t preemptively add to your list, simply because you didn’t realize they were even possible. This weekend can best be summed up like that. I flew out with MxPx, to New York and Philly, to celebrate the band’s 20th anniversary. I watched my music video playing on Times Square, (video to come), and to the cheers of fans, grinned as my 20th Anniversary doc was projected on a movie screen before the band took the stage. Both were so humbling, and moved me emotionally. I could literally write you 50 pages on how and why this band has impacted my life, but I’ll spare you. I’ll simply say that being a part of this band’s creative team over the last 3 years has been nothing short of an honor, and the only thing I cherish more than the music is the friendships.
Snaproll Studios is a video production company, owned and operated by Bryan Buchelt, out of Chicago, IL.
Josh Caterer (Smoking Popes)
Treaty of Paris
Please e-mail any inquires to firstname.lastname@example.org